If you are planning on shipping to South Africa from Thailand, Eagles Air & Sea, has the experience and contacts in this exciting and bustling part of Africa to get your goods there quickly, safely and with a minimum of stress and worry on your part.
While there are several reasons to ship your goods from Thailand to South Africa with Eagles Air & Sea, let’s look at a few of the more common situations:
You are visiting Thailand from South Africa and have picked up some exciting bargains and cultural replicas while here
While many people buy extra luggage and check their newly purchased goods as excess baggage at the airport, the costs of getting those items back to Durban, Johannesburg or other South African locations can be excessive.
A cheaper and easier method for getting your items back home to South Africa is to use Eagle’s walk up shipping center in the Pratunam district of Bangkok. Our multi-lingual staff there will take you goods, package them for safe transit, and ship them to your South Africa destination for a fraction of the cost of paying for excess carry-on baggage at the airport. Our Eagles staff will take care of all the customs documentation and associated paperwork to ensure that your goods will arrive safe and sound.
You live in Thailand and want to send a gift to someone in South Africa
Sending a gift to a friend or relative in South Africa can be as easy as dropping by the Pratunam walk up shipping location of Eagles Air & Sea. We can help you with the documentation and explain costs such as duties and taxes. Generally speaking, tax and duty calculations for gifts are significantly less than the tax and duties would be on the same item destined for resale in South Africa. Also, it is important to note that many items, such as perfumes, are not allowed to be shipped internationally. To avoid any unpleasant surprises, we recommend that you consult with our professional staff and let us take care of getting that special gift to its destination in South Africa.
While considerable more complicated than shipping parcels, at Eagles Air & Sea, we have a professional staff dedicated to moving households internationally. Generally speaking, a single 20 foot or 40 foot container will hold everything that a family of four would need to ship in order to set up housekeeping in South Africa. We will take care of the pre-planning, packing, loading and shipping of your household goods and will work with our partners in South Africa to make sure your new home will be ready to live in on a schedule that works for everyone involved. If needed, we can arrange for short term storage in Thailand or South Africa as needed.
In summary, whatever your shipping needs between Thailand and South Africa, the friendly and professional staff at Eagles Air & Sea offer a free consult. Just contact us by phone at +66 (02) 790 4599 or email us at email@example.com
Ask us about shipping to South Africa from Thailand
Frequent Asked Questions
What is the estimated shipping time from Thailand to South Africa?
The estimated shipping time from Thailand to South Africa will depend on the mode of transportation and the specific shipping company used. Air freight can take between 3 to 7 days, while sea freight can take between 30 to 40 days.
How are shipping rates calculated from Thailand to Africa?
Shipping goods from Thailand to Africa involves several variables that determine the cost of shipment as below:
- Weight – Typically, the heavier the shipment, the higher the shipping cost. This is because heavier shipments require more resources, including fuel, manpower, and equipment, to transport.
- Volume – This pricing model takes into account the amount of space the shipment occupies in the carrier’s vehicle. Larger shipments that occupy more space will cost more to ship, even if they don’t weigh as much as smaller shipments.
- Destination– Shipping rates to different regions and countries can vary significantly, depending on the distance, shipping regulations, and customs requirements.
- Mode of transportation – Different modes of transportation have varying costs, with air freight being the most expensive and sea freight being the most affordable. Air freight is faster and more reliable, but it comes with a higher price tag. Sea freight, on the other hand, is slower but more economical, making it a popular choice for businesses and individuals shipping bulky or heavy goods.
Are there any products that are prohibited from shipping from Thailand to South Africa?
It is essential to note that South Africa has specific import regulations and restrictions that apply to all items entering the country. Here is a list of prohibited items includes:
- Narcotics and dangerous drugs
- Poisonous substances
- Pornographic materials
- Counterfeit goods and pirated products
- Weapons and ammunition
- Cigarettes and tobacco products
- Used vehicles older than five years
- Gambling devices and materials
Talk to us now to find out if your items are prohibited.